We are committed to promoting and maintaining a high standard of actuarial practice and educating the next generation of actuaries by providing or arranging effective, valued and inclusive education.
The actuarial education program in Australia is made up of three parts and can take some time to complete, but it also provides an opportunity for students to build their skills and knowledge of mathematical models, financial theory, economics and the legislation and regulations that underpins the high standards of actuarial practice.
There are many paths to becoming an actuary, be it as an Associate or a Fellow.
CHANGES TO ENHANCE THE ACTUARIAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
In 2019, the Actuaries Institute commenced the implementation of changes to enhance the actuarial education program. These changes are designed to:
- improve the consistency and quality of students’ education experience;
- modernise the program delivery using up-to-date technology;
- ensure the curriculum is better able to keep pace with industry changes over time;
- provide broader pathway options for students in the Fellowship program; and
- enhance the data analytics, communication and business skills of all actuaries.
Overview of new education model