The Foundation Program – the crucial grounding
The Foundation Program is the first stage in your pathway to becoming an actuary.
It consists of six subjects across three main modules:
- Actuarial Statistics (CS).
- Actuarial Mathematics (CM).
- Business Finance & Economics (CB).
The Foundation Program can be completed by:
- Studying at one of eight accredited universities (seven in Australia and one in New Zealand).
- Distance study - sitting the UK Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) examinations offered through the Actuaries Institute OR credit transfer from another actuarial society.
What you need to know and do
You will need to keep track of dates for enrolments, exams, and results. Some students may be affected by, or have choices to make, regarding Transition Arrangements and Exemptions.
Select the relevant icon(s) below for more information on the key elements of the Foundation Program.