The nomination process
Each nominee must:
- complete a nomination form which must be signed by three Voting Members;
- complete a nominee details form;
- provide a professional headshot (JPEG format);
- complete a nominee’s statement outlining their reasons for standing for election and objectives if elected (optional but highly encouraged); and
- complete a probity declaration.
The Returning Officer confirms the nominations and if there are more candidates than required to fill the number of expected vacancies a Board election will be held, with voting opening approximately one week following the close of nominations.
Nominations BOARD Committee
Occasionally the Nominations Board Committee may approach Members about joining the Board. The role of the Committee is to encourage interest within the membership in being a Board member and to ensure a sufficient number and variety of candidates stand for the annual election.
Casual vacancies may arise following the resignation of a Board member. The Board may appoint any Voting Member (Fellow) as a member of the Board to fill a casual vacancy, however the appointee completes the term of the casual vacancy only (being deemed to have been elected on the same date as the member of the Board they replace). Should the appointed member serve less than two years in a casual vacancy position, they are eligible for immediate re-election following the end of their casual term.
Want to know more?
For more information about becoming a a Board member, read Leading Your Profession or contact Company Secretary Glyn Thomas.