The Fellowship Program comprises three subjects— two principles subjects and one applications subject. Each subject runs during a 15-week semester including the exam period.
It is important you check the subject descriptions (see syllabus links below) and ensure your principles subject choices meet the prerequisites for your intended applications subject.
To enrol in a Fellowship Program applications subject you must have attempted (but not necessarily passed) two principles subjects and meet the prerequisites:
- Data Science Applications (previously known as Data Analytics Applications): knowledge of the Data Science Principles (previously known as Data Analytics Principles) subject syllabus and a basic understanding of Python— see here for more information;
* Google Colab is a requirement for this subject. If you are unable to access Colab you may utilise an equivalent solution, with prior approval from the Institute. For example, there may be difficulties in China due to firewall restrictions.
To apply for use of an alternative software, please complete and submit our Application for Alternative Software Use - DSA
- General Insurance Applications: attempted General Insurance and Health Valuation, and General Insurance and Health Pricing and Portfolio Analytics;
- Life Insurance Applications: attempted Life Insurance and Retirement Valuation, and Life Insurance and Retirement Product Development; and
- Superannuation and Retirement Applications: attempted Life Insurance and Retirement Product Development.