LIWMPC PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
The Life Insurance & Wealth Management Practice Committee (LIWMPC) is seeking several volunteers to join their Professional Development committee. The Professional Development Committee supports the development of actuarial practice through CPD activities and member communication. The key responsibilities of the committee include:
- Identifying continuing professional development needs of members and developing CPD programs and opportunities (e.g. via Insights sessions)
- Communicating on a regular basis with members (e.g. via e-newsletters and Actuaries Digital articles) on issues and development affecting life insurance and wealth management.
We are seeking volunteers across a diverse range of experiences (university students through to experienced actuaries) and across different backgrounds to ensure the CPD programs and member communications that are developed appeal to different members of the profession. This is a great opportunity for members to expand their network and to help shape to delivery of future professional development programs.
Interested members who would like to join should contact Melissa Yeoh.
STUDENT COMMITTEE - CURTIN UNIVERSITY REPRESENTATIVE
The Actuaries Institute is seeking a dedicated student member who is currently completing their Part I and Part II with Curtin University to join the Student Committee.
The Student representative from the University, he or she will need to be link between the Actuaries Institute and the Actuarial Student Society. Committee members will have the opportunity to share different viewpoints and provide feedback to the Institute on improving the services it offers to its members.
The key responsibilities of the Student Committee will be:
- Canvassing opinions from students and identifying issues of interest or concern in the education program or student services, for consideration by the Education Council Committee.
- Providing specific feedback on education issues, proposals or draft plans to the Education Council Committee.
- Providing a link to the Actuarial Student Societies at accredited universities to ensure effective Institute support and gain feedback.
- Preparing reports to the Education Council Committee.
If you are interested in being a part of this committee, please send your resume to Krystel Rowe.
high school volunteers
The Actuaries Institute's High School Program aims to nurture the interest of mathematically gifted high school students so they are able to consider the actuarial profession at an early stage. We organise school visits where volunteers will deliver a presentation on the profession, outline pathways and also engage in Q&A and share their personal journey to becoming an actuary.
The Institute is looking to further expand and improve the program in 2020. If you are interested in becoming involved in the program or would like more information, please contact Jennifer Yu.
This page will be updated regularly with new and existing vacancies. In the meantime, please send any volunteering expressions of interest to volunteers@actuaries .asn.au