Life Insurance and Wealth Management
The Life Insurance and Wealth Management Practice Committee (LIWMPC):
- contributes to the strategic direction of the Institute;
- actively supports the development of actuarial practice through the Institute’s education, CPD, standard-setting, public policy and research activities; and
- actively identifies and promotes opportunities for members working in life insurance and wealth management and facilitates communication and liaison within the profession.
The responsibilities of the LIWMPC include:
- Identifying new and emerging technical and practice needs of members.
- Identifying risk exposures for the profession in life insurance and wealth management and making recommendations to Council on how to manage these.
- Maintaining and developing professional education materials, including reviewing the course syllabus.
- Identifying continuing professional development needs of members and developing CPD programs and opportunities.
- Identifying potential issues for research and development.
- Reviewing and developing relevant Professional Standards and Practice Guidelines.
- Preparing public policy submissions on technical issues affecting life insurance and wealth management and on matters of broader public interest, including research activity.
- Communicating on a regular basis with members (e.g. via e-newsletters and Actuaries Digital articles) on issues and developments affecting life insurance and wealth management.
- Developing links with other actuarial bodies (overseas) and relevant professional and industry bodies.
- Reviewing existing and identifying new Policy Statements for Council’s ‘Statements of Policy and Procedures’.
MEMBERS OF THE LIWMPC SUB-COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS
Eric McNamara (Chair)
Daniel Rose (Deputy Chair)
Didier How Yin Fat (Secretary)
David Millar (LIWMPC Rep)
Alex Kam Chuen Leung
Hendrie Koster Vivian Yu
Retirement Incomes Working Group
Anthony Asher (Chair)
Brnic Van Wyk
John De Ravin
Member Communications Members
Richard Land (Convenor)
Wen Yi Tang
Wen Yi Tang
Life Faculty Members
| Faculty Convenor || Andy Siu |
| Chief Examiner (C2A) || Anthony Brien |
| Assistant Examiner (C2A) || Julian Braganza |
| Assistant Examiner (C2A) || |
| Chief Examiner (C2B) ||
| Assistant Examiner (C2B) ||
Assistant Examiner (C2B)
Exam Writer (C2A), Course Writer
Georgina Hemmings |
|Exam Writer (C2A), Course Writer || Peter Corbett |
|Exam Writer (C2B) || Ashley Wilson |
|Course Writer ||Lilian Chong |
|Course Writer ||Alissa Holz |
|Course Writer ||Chris Woolfrey |
|Course Tutor, Forum Moderator (C2A) ||Bruce Thomson |
| Course Tutor (C2B) ||Greg Bird |
|Assignment Writer (C2A and C2B) ||Raymond Bennett |
|Forum Moderator (C2B) ||Han Gan |
Retirement Strategy Group
CPD Working Group Members
Jia Yi Tan (convenor)