ICA2023 Pledge for the Planet
Recognising the actuarial profession’s role in managing climate related risks and in line with the global movement towards environmental impact awareness, the ICA2023 is taking action to be a more mindful and environmentally conscious event. This is consistent with International Convention Centre (ICC) Sydney’s sustainability policy.
- We’ll be taking the steps outlined below to ensure ICA2023 is the most sustainable ICA yet:
- Use of recyclable and reusable materials wherever possible;
- Little or no plastic or disposables (bio/compostable plastic used where necessary);
- No single-use water bottles; and
- No satchels or print outs, with the exception of nametags. All the information you need will be available via the ICA2023 event platform and app.
The ICC Sydney is part of the first precinct in the world to be awarded the highest accolade of six stars under the Green Building of Australia’s Green Star Communities certification. Some of their sustainability initiatives include:
- Utilisation of ICC Sydney’s waste reduction program;
- ICC Sydney provides 100% of irrigation demands and 63% of toilet flushing demands from harvested rainwater;
- 20% overall energy demand and greenhouse gas emission reduction compared to the Building Code of Australia’s requirements; and
- Highly efficient Central Energy Plant.
Find out more about how the ICC Sydney is reducing their impact on the environment here.