Are you a self-starter who wants to learn from experienced practitioners professionals across the actuarial profession?
We’re eager for actuaries to join our mentee-led initiative, The Mentoring Program.
In this program, you’ll get to take charge of the direction your mentorship will go. Mentees and their mentors will work together to set goals, identify skills that need improvement, and develop strategies to navigate and grow your career.
We were looking for a diverse group of participants, who were assessed on their keenness and strength of application. HQ will provide those selected with access to a range of resources to assist them through the program.
Only 30 mentees were selected to participate in the pilot.
To be eligible for the program Mentees must:
Applications are now closed.
- Be a member of the Actuaries Institute
- Have finished (or are close to finishing) your studies with work experience in the actuarial profession
- Can commit for the duration of the program (July 2022 to April 2023). This includes x1 one-hour meetings with mentors per month at a minimum.
Mentee roles and responsibilities
We want mentees to get the most out of the program. This means mentees need to be active and take responsibility for their own learning, professional development, and progress. It is expected they will:
- Negotiate a commitment for ongoing communication with their mentor
- Initiate the organisation of ALL meetings (including the first session)
- Organise agenda or topics for meeting discussions
- Follow-up on agreed tasks as required
- Seek constructive feedback and be receptive to suggestions
- Accept new responsibilities, challenges, and opportunities
- Approach the mentorship with professionalism and be respectful of the time being contributed by mentors.
All mentees will be asked to participate in two HQ check-ins and the post-program evaluation.