The Institute has tried everything we can to make the exams available to students but unfortunately in the current circumstances have had to make the decision to defer the Fellowship and Part III April examinations until October 2020.
We know your exams and study are very important to you and your career, and understand and share your disappointment, but the COVID-19 risk needs to be taken very seriously. Your health and that of all our members, volunteers and the HQ Team, remains our highest priority.
In the meantime, the HQ Education Team will be testing and implementing technology to enable the Institute to deliver online exams in Semester 2. This will ensure that students can continue to progress their qualifying education regardless of the safe distance and other health protection requirements that may be in place at that time.
The current Australian Government restrictions which we are adhering to and monitoring, can be found here.
STUDENTS BOOKED IN FOR APRIL 2020 EXAMS
Fellowship and Part III examinations have now been deferred to Semester 2 in October 2020 and we will transfer all enrolments to the next sitting in October 2020.
Communication, Modelling and Professionalism (CMP) Students
The CMP subject and assessments will continue as planned and the Institute will manage the assessment process while operating remotely.
Foundation examinations and IFoA exams – the Actuaries Institute administers these examinations on behalf of the IFoA.
On 20 March the IFoA confirmed that they will not hold their April 2020 written assessments in examination centres. As of 30 March the IFoA has now confirmed some exams will be offered as an online examination and some have been cancelled.
Candidates have the following options:
- If you were booked to sit CS1, CS2, CM1 or CM2 your exam is cancelled and you will receive a full refund in due course.
- CB1, CB2 , SP 1 and SP 9 will have an online equivalent to your original examination booking, you can choose to take this online examination instead.The IFoA will be releasing details about the timing and operation of the online exams shortly.
- If you do not wish to take an online examination, then you will be offered a full refund. The details of how you can do this will be available once the IFoA has released the information to us.
The IFoA will be regularly updating their website and we recommend you refer to this for full details for all subjects.
Answering Your Questions -Part III and Fellowship examinations
- You will continue to have access to the learning management system and all course material for the rest of Semester 1 and throughout Semester 2.
- The assignment completed in respect of Semester 1 will be carried forward and your grade will apply. You will not be asked to complete another assignment in Semester 2 although you will have access to any new assignments set for new students for practice.
- The Semester 1 assignment results will be released as scheduled.
- Tutorials will continue as planned (online) and then recommence for Semester 2.
- If a subject was not originally scheduled to operate in Semester 2 for example, Life Insurance and Retirement Valuation, we will be providing some tutorials during Semester 2.
- Our intention is that subjects will operate as intended in Semester 2 so if you wish to study an additional subject this will be available to you.
We encourage you to use this time to study hard and to connect remotely with other students so that you can really develop a deep understanding of the materials and practice your skills. The Institute will be looking for ways to support you over the next few months.
We will continue to keep our website up to date. If you have any questions, on any of the above information or any other matter, please do not hesitate to call +61 (0) 2 9239 6100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.