John Evans, Actuaries Institute President penned his Presidential Address in early 2018.
Titled 'Globalisation of the profession - threats and opportunities', John discusses the various challenges the Institute and the profession faces and proposes some solutions.
- Globalisation of the actuarial profession.
- New work roles for members of the profession.
- Governance of the Actuaries Institute.
- Conduct risk.
- The Actuaries Institute’s lack of scale.
- Welcome and engage with change.
- Identify our strengths and work to manage our weaknesses.
- Recognise scale and growth is a challenge.
- Position ourselves for the globalisation of the profession that is already underway.
- Evolve a governance model that supports the ambitions and expectations of the profession.
Read the full Presidential Address