Part III consists of four modules, and students need to complete one course (one 15 week semester in duration) in each of the four modules.
From Semester 1, 2013 there are now seven options available for Module 1.The options are:
- Course 1 Investments (this course has been discontinued from 2013, but will continue to be recognised)
- Course 7A Enterprise Risk Management
- Any other Part A or Part B course
- A PhD in a relevant area
- Accountancy qualifications recognised by the CPA Australia or the Institute of Chartered Accounts (or overseas equivalents)
- The Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) Charter Holder qualification
- The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK) ST1 Health and Care exam plus the Actuaries Institute's online Private Health Insurance course.
In Modules 2 and 3 students choose to complete their study in one specialist area of practice. These specialist areas include Life Insurance; General Insurance; Global Retirement Income System; and Investment Management & Finance.
Module 4 Commercial Actuarial Practice is compulsory. This module comprises of 4 days residential course and an 8 hour computer based assessment.
For further information on the Part III Education Program you can contact us via:
T: +61 (0) 2 9233 3466
Part III Orientation Semester 1 2013 streaming WebEx recording
Part III Orientation Semester 1 2013 Presentation
Part III Orientation Semester 1 2013 Audio