Presentation Skills for Actuaries
Actuarial staff find themselves presenting in challenging environments on a daily basis. To be effective, they need to have great content knowledge, an ability to translate highly complex ideas to mixed audiences, enough presence to hold the floor and be able to cause change with the groups they engage.
- A framework for presenting more effectively
- Improve level of persuasiveness
- Greater control
- Flexibility according to audience, subject matter and environment
- More focused communication objectives
- More audience focused presentations—especially with mixed audiences
- Reduce preparation time
- Build confidence under pressure and distraction
- Improve core communication skills
- Package complex ideas for business audiences
- Understanding decision making processeses to effectively position recommendations
- Better management of expectations
- Develop a consistency in key messages—right message, right audience
- More effective use of visual aids and evidence.
About the facilitator
Anthony Wilson has fifteen years experience as a specialist communications coach. He is the founder of Executive Influence, a persuasive business communications firm that specialises in helping individuals and organisations become better, more effective communicators. Anthony’s experience covers a wide range of disciplines including: Medical/Pharmaceutical, Construction, Infrastructure, IT, Telecommunications, Travel, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Government, Banking and Professional Services.
Much of his work is based around ‘live’ scenarios such as Annual General Meetings, road shows, product launches, internal change management initiatives and board presentations. Since 2007, Anthony has worked on The Climate Project – in Australia, India and The United States with Former US Vice President and Nobel Laureate Al Gore. As part of this project, Anthony trained groups speakers from all walks of life to take the slide show featured in the movie An Inconvenient Truth to their own audiences.
This course will be run as interest develops, ideally each class will hold between 10 – 15 actuaries from all levels of service. This is a one day course held at the Institute of Actuaries of Australia boardroom If you would like to attend this course please send an expression of interest to:
University Relationship Manager
Email: Jennifer Burns
Ph: +61 2 9239 6105
Fax: + 61 2 9233 3446