The Actuaries Institute Enterprise Risk Management Seminar will be held at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth on 14 November 2012. The Seminar theme is ‘ERM Means Business’.
There are a great many challenges facing the financial services industry in the current environment including:
- capital scarcity;
- market volatility;
- changing regulations; and
- legislation and increased pressure on margins.
ERM in this environment is not only a regulatory requirement but an essential pursuit for all businesses. The 2012 ERM Seminar will explore key issues in developing and embedding ERM within the operation and culture of an organisation including:
- aggregation of risks;
- methods for identifying and mitigating risks;
- monitoring the operation of the ERM framework;and
- communicating this to stakeholders both internal and external.